WTB Supplies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porkster & the internet

2 posters

Go down

Porkster & the internet Empty Porkster & the internet

Post  Admin Thu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm

A tale of connection woes... Crying or Very sad

ML, who is your ISP? What kind of connection do you have? ADSL/Fibre Optics? What is your router? Is your router firmware up to date? Are your PC drivers up to date?

I have many questions to ask you but the above will do as a starter for 10.

LET THE HELP COMMENCE!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wtbsupplies.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Porkster & the internet Empty Re: Porkster & the internet

Post  Porkster Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Ello m8,

I've have some good news to tell cheers

1. CCP woke up (finally) and handled my petition:

"Hi.

I sent the pinglotter test you provided to our network admins for review, it's possible this is being caused by telia.net but there are also some problems from what I can see with your ISP's backbone provider here: hkiasbr1-o-4.datanet.tele.fi

I thus recommend you contact your ISP to have them look into this, hopefully the issue can be fixed on either or both ends so you can play without any problems.

Best regards,
Senior GM Retrofire
EVE Online Customer Support"

After searching internet I found that Telia does, indeed, have something to do with this. They shape your packets to throttle down P2P connections (torrents etc.). As CCP monitors shaped packets for incoming traffic they do what's called socket closing ie. they kick your arse outta game. Packet shaping at the server end is used for hacking and ofc using alternated packages.

Well, knowing that I found programs that send your traffic unaltered using VPN client to do that. After testing one such program for the whole last night (yes, I haven't slept a minute) I had no disconnects for even once. I run 4 missions without hickups.

2. CCP found the old account I have

I provided everything I could they asked (old physical address, old VISA information, old phone number, old email address, my shoe size, the next right combination of lottery numbers etc.). Like I told you earlier, I found an old EVEMon picture from 2006, I even sent that to show the toons name on it. I They are in process of changing the contact information on the lost account, I should have the confirming email any day. They told this could be matter of hours but probably will take some days *cough* slow ass laziness *cough*

So, all in ll, very good news from my part indeed. And sorry for the incoherent text, I am exhausted Sleep

Br,
Porks
Porkster
Porkster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Porkster & the internet Empty Re: Porkster & the internet

Post  Admin Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 pm

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin